Advantages of Teaching Large Classes
- Classes with many students will be quite noisy. But they also offer a high energy setting that is more fun and exciting.
- Classes will go by quickly when there are numerous students seeking your attention. In fact, while teaching a large class you will never find yourself looking at the clock. Lessons and activities will take longer to complete, so there will be no need for fillers.
Challenges of Teaching Large Classes
- You may never to get to know your students as well as you would like to. You may also feel anxious about being outnumbered by your students.
- Grading assignments and tests will take longer than you would like to them.
- That you are teaching a large class doesn’t necessarily mean that you will get fatter pay checks than those teaching smaller classes.
- It is quite easy to get distracted in a large class. There will always be latecomers. You will also find plenty of students chatting while you are teaching and that can be pretty distressing.