26/8/08

Idioms of Emotion and Mood


Match the sentences containing English idioms of mood/emotion (in bold) with the adjectives above:


1.- When I received the concert tickets for Muse I was on cloud nine!


2.- When my sister opened her birthday card and a cheque fell out she was tickled pink.


3.- When my brother returned home from the pub late last night I could see that he was pie-eyed.


4.- When I was waiting to go on stage to perform in front of the whole school I had butterflies in my stomach.


5.- When I finished my twelve hour shift at the supermarket I was completely zonked out.


6.- When Alan Forrester looked me in the eye at registration this morning I went weak at the knees.


7.- When my brother kept playing the same Rihanna song over and over again at full volume I told him, "You're driving me up the wall!"


8.- When I went on the Big One rollercoaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach my heart was in my mouth.


9.- When my brother wouldn't stop going on about problems with his love life I told him not to be such a moaning Minnie.


10.- When my dad came home from work and just slumped in his armchair without saying a word, I asked him, "Why the long face?"


Answers:

1. overjoyed

2. pleased

3. drunk

4. nervous

5. exhausted

6. in love

7. annoying

8. terrified

9. complaining

10. sad

from: http://www.englishbanana.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario