What do you know about British and American Celebrations?
Choose the correct answer:
1. Halloween is celebrated on 31 October in:
Great Britain only.
The United States and Great Britain
The United States only.
2. On Halloween evening children and teenagers put on their costumes and masks and
Go ‘ trick-or-treating’
Dance in the streets
Write on doors with soap
3. Christmas comes from
Two pagan festivities.
4. The modern image of Santa Claus was created by
An American cartoonist.
A shop owner in Albany, new York.
5. Sweethearts celebrate Valentine’s day with…
Presents and cards.
A Shakespeare’s play
An anonymous letter ‘ from a secret admirer’
6. St. Patrick is the patron of
United States of America
7. Easter is celebrated…
After the moon in March
On the first Sunday in April
Between 22 March and 25 April