1. Most effective tip: "Think in English" (Piensa en Inglés)One of the most common mistakes that English learners make is, they think in their mother tongue. When they want to say something in English, they think in their mother tongue, translate it to English and then say it in English. The result is a very flawed English sentence. Never do this!
If you want to speak in English fluently you will have to learn to "think" in English. When you are constructing sentences in your mind before saying them, think in English and form them in English in your mind.
2. Chat with fluent English speakers (Charla con nativos, fuera vergüenza! )Chat with fluent English speakers real or online. Make friends with interesting English speakers. Become pen-pals with a fluent English speaker.
While talking to them look at their lip movement for tips on how to pronounce words correctly.
3. Rent or buy an English movie DVD (o descárgalo, legalmente, claro)Rent or buy an English movie DVD. Put the English subtitles on. Follow the movie.
This has many advantages:
- You will be able to compare the written words to the correct pronunciations.
- You will get a feel of how real English sentences are formed when speaking.
- You will be learning English but it will not be frustrating and boring because you will be watching a movie.
4. Read English fiction novelsRead English fiction of your choice. This is our India. Books are not costly here. You get cheap book in every nook and corner.
5. Listen to the radio and TVA s much as possible, When you're in the car, or your kids are watching " Bob squarepants" TDT has the possibility to listen to the original sound of movies and cartoons , take advantage of this!!
Besides this, there are also many different radio stations available now-a-days in the big cities. Some of these radio stations are in English. Listen to them to get a feel of the language.