16/8/09

possessive pronouns (grammar + practice)

Possessive Pronouns

Subject Pronouns are pronouns which take the place of the subject of a sentence. (like yo, tú, él, ella, nosotros, ellos in Spanish)


Frank is a student.
He is a student.


Possessive Adjectives are adjectives that describe who something belongs to. The thing which it is describing immediately follows the possessive adjective. (like mi, tu, su, nuestro in Spanish)

That is Sue's book.
That is her book.


Possessive Pronouns are pronouns that describe who something belongs to. (like mío, tuyo, suyo, nuestro in Spanish)

The book is Jack's.
The book is his.

Subject Pronoun Possessive Adjective Possesive Pronoun
I ......................................my ..................................mine
you .................................your .................................yours
he ...................................his .....................................his
she .................................her..................................... hers
it ....................................its........................................ its
we .................................our ......................................ours
they .............................their .....................................theirs


ACTIVITY:
PUT THE CORRECT PRONOUN:

1. I -----a teacher.
2. Is this my book or _____(you)?
3. The students need to bring _____books to class.
4. Michelle and I like pizza, but _____(we)don't like hamburgers.
5. My sister and I don't share clothes. She wears her clothes and I wear_____.
6. I call my mom once a week. I tell her about my week and _______tells me about hers.
7. The house is very big. _____has five bedrooms.
8. Valerie can't find ______book.
9. My friend's car is fast but ______(we)car is more economical.
10. I like to play on _____computer.
11. ______(he)a very interesting man.
12. Are ______going to the party on Friday?
13. ______live in Toronto.
14. This book is mine, but that book is _____.
15. Don't forget to bring ______(you)towel to the beach.
16. That house is ____(we).
17. The other house is _____(they).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario