HOW DO I STUDY ENGLISH?
Learning strategies or study skills determine the approach for achieving the learning objectives. The strategies are usually tied to your needs and interests to enhance learning and are based on many types of learning styles.
Here are some strategies that can help you be successful in your studies.
Set small, achievable goals (establece pequeñas metas)
Start with small steps to reach higher targets.
Setting small targets is much better than setting huge goals that you cannot achieve. Remember that "small drops of water make the mighty ocean"
- For example, try to learn 5 new English vocabulary items every day. (Aprende 5 nuevas palabras cada día )
- Set a 30 minutes study session every day.
- Learn the lyrics of an English song every now and then. (aprende la letra de una canción de vez en cuando)
- Read a short English text every day. (Lee algo en Inglés cada día)
Plan your studies
Planning your studies gives meaning to your work. If you know all the steps necessary to achieve a goal and these steps are written down on a piece of paper, it will be easy for you, then, to see the whole picture.
Be motivated (Motívate, lee algo que te guste, ve una película de tus actores favoritos...)
The secret to success is that you should be motivated to learn. Try to avoid boredom by having fun in what you do. Try to find a positive aspect to studying English.
Remember, we learn better and fast things we really want to learn.
- Read about what you are interested (hobbies, fields of interest...) in English.
- Watch your favourite films in English
- Listen to your favourite English songs and learn the lyrics.
- Write your diary in English.
- Read about your favorite stars in English websites...
Manage your time (Aministra el tiempo)
In order to manage your time successfully, having an awareness of what your goals are will assist you in prioritizing your activities. Time management provides you with the opportunity to create a schedule that works for you, not for others. This personal attention gives you the flexibility to include the things that are most important to you.
Set a reward for yourself ( Premiate al terminar de estudiar)
Set a reward for yourself that you can look forward. For example, when you reach a goal, give yourself a reward:
- Watch a movie.
- A delicious snack.
- Meet your friends.
- Go to the café.